- First Photo: http://www.longislandwins.com/images/editorial/20110710-feature.JPG
The Mission of Harvesters Wanted:
To spread the Good News of JESUS CHRIST in word and in action! As well as promoting the baptismal call of all the faithful to follow whatever vocation our God has called them to!
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:19-20
The place to find homilies and reflections given along the path of faith by Fr. Adam Carrico, a Roman Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Louisville.
When this life is complete, I pray they say I lived For The Greater Glory of God +AMDG+
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- First Photo: http://www.flyerjordan.com/images/Air-Jordan-2011/Air-Jordan-2011-Black-White-Blue_1.jpg
- Second Photo: http://www.longislandwins.com/images/editorial/20110710-shoes.JPG
- Third Photo: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Philmont_Scout_Ranch_boots_around_sign.jp g
- Fourth Photo: http://leineriza.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/Communion.png
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- First Photo: Philmont Scout Ranch, setting sun near Hunting Lodge
- Second Photo: Philmont Scout Ranch, Rising sun over Cimarroncito Reservoir before our morning Mass, Saint George Trek 2011
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- Photo One: Monroe Lake, Hoosier National Forest
Sunday, April 22, 2012
For the end of continual conversion towards my final end - eternal happiness with God, I conform ever more to the image of Christ, and maintain a bridge to Christ for others. I do all in the name of Jesus Christ my lord, in union with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
- First Photo: Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, undercroft
- Second Photo: Saint Meinrad Seminary; Arete, Greek for excellence, used here in the sense of what is desired... not what yet is. "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" Matthew 5:48
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Meeting the people where they are, lacking Christ is some way, and moving them to desire to want Christ in that way is a theology for priesthood in general, but especially for preaching. This theology, if lived out, engages the people in their own lives and encourages them to fan the flames of their desire for Christ. It encourages the priest to speak to the people in a way that they can understand and incorporates the entirety of the Christian life. In this way the homily is given a role not just in the Mass but in the lives of the people and the priest.
- First Photo: Saint Meinrad Seminary, light box made from reused windowpanes from the Saint Thomas Aquinas Chapel, depicting two priests shaking hands
- Second Photo: From the Sunday Raven 10/17/2010, Saint Meinrad Seminary, Saint Thomas Aquinas Chapel