The Mission of Harvesters Wanted:

To spread the Good News of JESUS CHRIST in word and in action! As well as promoting the baptismal call of all the faithful to follow whatever vocation our God has called them to!

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:19-20

The place to find homilies and reflections given along the path of faith by Fr. Adam Carrico, a Roman Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Louisville.

When this life is complete, I pray they say I lived For The Greater Glory of God +AMDG+

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

March for Life, Archdiocese of Louisville E-zine Article from last month

For the past several years the seminarian community of Saint Meinrad has made a pilgrimage to participate in the March for Life. It is always an honor to march beside people from all over the country, including people of diverse faith traditions and the countless youth who enthusiastically make their voices heard. Other than the opportunity to march for the sanctity of life, and spending time with my seminary brothers, the aspect of the pilgrimage that I enjoy the most is staying with a host family from Our Lady of Mercy Parish in Potomac Maryland.

These families, many of whom have small children themselves, graciously invite us into their homes and lives for a few days which give us seminarians a chance to experience the hospitality of others in preparation for living a life of hospitality and ministry. I have often reflected and prayed with the distinct difference between staying with a family so willing to invite a complete stranger into their home, and the sad reality of the countless families that could have been, but are not. An outpouring of hospitality and recognition for the sanctity of life is starkly contracted by a culture that promotes saying no to hospitality and no to life. This tension has provided ample amounts of material for spiritual contemplation, and has helped me grow into a better seminarian and a better human being.

The call to hospitality is something that we all share and the ability to be open to everyone I meet is a virtue that I am working hard to cultivate while I am in seminary. By the Grace of God and the guidance of those entrusted with my formation I have faith that I can more and more affectively be a bridge for the conversion of others.

            Please pray for us and all of those who will soon be making this pilgrimage.

No comments: